Shhhh…..Let’s try to keep this between me and you. I’ve got a milestone birthday coming up. That’s the bad news. Ok, maybe only semi-bad news. The good news: Presents! Hopefully, lots of them. In the spirit of birthdays, and of summer, I’ve created three wishlists that pay homage to my three favorite fashion styles. First up: Rock. Inspiration: Always Kate Moss. At Glastonbury. Actually, everywhere. She is a fashion genius of sorts. And of course, as I’ve mentioned before, you know that I love skulls, so naturally my wishlist contains no shortage of them. I mean really, how amazing is the Pamela Love necklace? It’s the kind of thing you can probably go out naked in and people would notice the necklace, not the fact you are naked. Ok, maybe that’s taking it a little too far, but you get the point.
1. Free People Puddle Jumper Romper $108
2. All Saints Capri Cropped Top $125
3. Alexander McQueen Classic Skull Leopard-Print Haircalf Clutch $1450
4. Alexander McQueen Bird Skull Ring $295
5. Elizabeth and James Crab Pendant Necklace $150
6. Alexander Wang Kirsten Suede Tote $925
7. Made Her Think Pointed Tears Earrings $95
8. Thierry Lasry Sexxxy Sunglasses $425
9. Twelfth Street by Cynthia Vincent Convertible Tiered Skirt/Halter Dress $249
10. Ioselliani Crystal Skull Earrings $125
11. Pamela Love 16 Skull Necklace $165
12. All Saints Damisi Boot $315
13. Rebecca Minkoff Dreamcatcher Swing Bag $495
14. Wildfox Rainbow Child Boyfriend Tank $70Read More
Zara Jacket, J Brand Jeans, Steve Madden Shoes, Super Sunglasses
Surely by now you’ve heard. Color block is huge this season. And who doesn’t love a bold punch of color? Or two. Or three. Right now, for jeans, J Brand and Rag & Bone are killing it with you can’t miss me reds, yellows, pinks, and blues. Check them out. Trust me, you won’t be disappointed.
As a future boutique owner, I am always on the hunt for new designers and brands. And when I say new, I mean new to me. Indeed, humility dictates that I identify myself as a fashion enthusiast, not a fashion expert. Besides, the sheer number of designers and brands out there in this global economy is truly endless. While Isabel Marant has been around for over two decades, her ultra-hip womenswear line is relatively new to me. In the spirit of giving thanks where thanks is due, thank you Barneys New York for the introduction. Literally everything in her S/S 11 collection is absolutely delectable. P.S. The thanks comes from me, not my bank account.Read More
It turns out that I ‘m quite good at talking about the things I don’t like. I don’t like cold weather and I don’t like most vegetables and I don’t like going to the beach and I don’t like watching television, etc., etc. But when it comes to talking about the things I do like, I often draw a blank. Of course, there are my unmistakable passions— fashion, fitness, luxury travel, and literature. But after the obvious are exhausted, I’m sort of at a loss for words, so much so that I am starting to wonder if I’m boring.
Last weekend, I took a little stroll along the harbor in San Diego and I was quickly reminded of one of my favorite loves…Boats! I LOVE boats so you can imagine my delight when I saw these fabulous boat shoes at J Crew (Sperry, of course). When I put them on for the first time, it was like my feet knew exactly where to take me. Kind of a no-brainer.Read More
For some reason, I have long been attracted to anything with a scalloped edge. Perhaps my affinity is reminiscent of my younger years when I’d manufacture various greeting cards from scratch and in doing so, cut out a nice scalloped edge around three sides of the card. The scalloped edge is soft and girly and can add a lovely touch to an otherwise simple piece of clothing. These are the pieces I am currently lusting after. And when it comes to the Chloe bikini, “currently lusting after” actually means lusting after for the last few years. Soon!
1. Warehouse Scalloped Dress at Asos
2. Chloe Scalloped Textured Halterneck Bikini
3. Topshop Lookbook
4. H&M Conscious Collection Dress
5. The Kooples Suit Short
6. See by Chloe Scallop Detail Top
7. Twenty8Twelve Driben Bow Shorts
8. Scalloped Eyelet Short
9. Orange Broderie Hem Swing VestRead More